Summer activities with your kids are the best. But what if you’re stuck, if you’ve used up all your great ideas and you have no idea what to do this summer? For one, you can always take your kid to an indoor playground in Las Vegas. They’ll surely have a blast while escaping the heat. However, there are also plenty of other things you can do with your kids when summer comes, and we’re here to help you organize an amazing summer for both your kids and you.
What can I do with my kids in the summer?
There’s nothing better than planning a fun summer time for you and your kids. But sometimes it’s hard to think of new ideas, and that’s when you need a nudge in the right direction. Take a look at some great summer activities you can do with your children.
There’s little better to do on summer days than enjoy various activities in nature and showing your kids the beauty of the great outdoors. You can:
- Take a hike on some nearby trails during the cooler times of the day
- Start growing small plants or herbs in containers
- Gaze the clouds and look for interesting shapes
- Create a feeder for birds and insects to visit
- Try your hand at bird watching
- Create a garden for butterflies and hummingbirds
Don’t let rainy days (or extreme temperatures) get you down
Summer has its days of challenging weather, and you can expect more or fewer of them depending on where you live. It’s important not to let them get you and your kids down, and have a couple of aces up your sleeve:
- Break out some old movies and show your kids what you used to enjoy
- Build a pillow-and-blanket fort
- Get your legos and start building
- Have a “campout” in your home
- Have a crazy hair day
- Buy a book of origami creations and start folding
- Make your own time capsule together with your family
Experience all the local attractions
It’s easy to forget just how many interesting sights there are to visit and explore in your immediate vicinity. Here’s what you can do and show your kids how engaging their surroundings can be:
- Test your luck at a local swap meet
- Visit local museums, parks, and exhibits
- Choose a location and pack a picnic
- Go to a local county fair or carnival
- Organize a road trip to one of your surrounding cities
- Soak in some history at a historic site
Although summer is in full swing, you should not allow your kids to neglect exercising their minds, which is why you should try out some of these brainy activities:
- Buy a book of riddles
- Organize a summer homework schedule
- Get a library card at your local library and rent some books
- Learn a new skill
- Try your hand at some science projects
- Keep a journal together with your kids
- Create a comic book
Art is the way to go
There’s little that can beat some art time, and kids really love getting creative. Here are some fun art projects you can try:
- Paint the rocks you’ve collected in nature
- Start a summer mural
- Decorate the sidewalk with colored chalk
- Organize a dress-up photoshoot
- Start making music together
- Play with playdough
- Press vibrant summer flowers
Get active outdoors
What would summer be without some active outdoor activities?. Here’s what you can do:
- Build a backyard obstacle course
- Organize tree climbing activities
- Fly a kite
- Go fishing with your family
- Have a water gun war
- Visit some local parks and playgrounds
- Paddle canoes
- Go play some miniature golf
- Visit a splash pad
- Ride bikes
- Teach your kids how to skip stones
What to do with kids when it’s hot?
But what do you do when the temperatures are so sweltering hot that the only thing you can think about is finding shade? There’s fun to be had during these days too, you only need to know where to look for it.
- Visit a swimming pool: there’s literally nothing more refreshing when the days are hot than going to a local swimming pool and jumping in.
- Have a water balloon war: This is an oldie but a goodie – fill balloons with water, get outside, and send those balloons flying.
- Take them to an indoor playground: Finally, indoor playgrounds are air conditioned which makes them the perfect place to escape the sweltering heat for some fun and games.
What indoor playground in Las Vegas has the most engaging activities for kids?
If you’re trying to think of fun and engaging activities you could do with your kids during summer, indoor playgrounds with indoor trampolines are an excellent choice. Just don’t forget grip socks for your children, and remember that there’s one indoor playground in Las Vegas that beats the rest – Uptown Jungle!
We are here to handle all the organization and planning of your special day, and we will make it as memorable as possible. Our diverse activities for kids will ensure a great time. Also, we host incredible birthday parties for kids of different ages. We’re conveniently located near Cheyenne Ridge Park.